install problem with SATA, Redhat couldnot find the dirver and harddrive

At 03:26 PM 11/4/2004, Dave Peters wrote:
>Did anyone install redhat with SATA before? I have
>problem with Marvell SATA. Redhat 9 or ES doesn't find
>the dirver and the SATA harddrive.

Kind of depends on the underlying chipset.  With out that, it's just the usual recommendations:

Review your BIOS settings.
Upgrade your BIOS.
Avoid RAID on the motherboard.
Check the motherboard manufacturers web site for info.
Check the chipset manufacturers web site for info.
For ES, try the latest ISOs - RHEL3 Update3.
Try FC2 or FC3-test3.
Check the RedHat mailing lists.
Google is your friend.
Hope that helps.