install problem with SATA, Redhat couldnot find the dirver and harddrive

SATA support is fairly new, and Redhat 9 and ES are fairly old.  Are you
stuck with using either of those distributions?  If you are, maybe one of
their errata kernels support SATA drives.  It might be possible to create
a custom install cd with the updated kernel.

If you're not stuck with Redhat 9 (which is end of life'd by the way) or
ES, you can try any recent distribution and likely have better luck.
I believe any distro with a 2.6 kernel has support for SATA, while the 2.4
kernel requires patches so may vary on a distro by distro basis.