BAWIA.ORG (Spelled correctly this time)

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, Jeff Kinz wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 01:30:43PM -0400, Keller, Tim wrote:
> > Well, that would make sense.  It has been a thousand years since they last
> > updated their website... ;-)
>
> wha?... oh -
>  Google last cached a page from their website on Oct 2, 2004
>                                                         ^
> Which of these recent events is not unusual :
>
>  - Red Sox Win World series
>  - total lunar eclipse
>  - Conservative magazines don't endorse republican for president
>  - Jeff has a typo in his email

LOL!

Their WHOIS info changed on 10/08/04; I'm guessing it was done poorly, or
the group was disbanded.  It lists Bob Keyes at bob at sinister.com
617-539-9956

DIG says the authoritative nameservers are sinister.com and
ns2.dnsalchemy.com.  sinister.com says "Host bawia.org not found:
2(SERVFAIL)", and ns2.dnsalchemy.com causes a connection timeout.  Maybe
someone turned the lead in their server's motherboard into gold and it
fried.

More DNS fun: Their registrar is @Com Technology, LLC.  Would you use a
registrar whose website was riddled with 404 links and "Coming soon!"
pages?

 --
DDDD   David Kramer         david at thekramers.net       http://thekramers.net
DK KD