Local Source for DDR Memory

Tom <trlists at clayst.com> wrote:
> I need to buy some DDR400 (PC3200) RAM -- preferably 2x 512MB --
> soon, so normally I'd look for it locally and expect to pay a
> small premium over discount online prices.  However the local
> retail sources seem dramatically more expensive than online shops
> like newegg.com.

Not true of Microcenter in Cambridge.  Right now, the price for your 2x 512MB
at Newegg is $220.  Right now, the price at Microcenter.com for the same thing
is $219.99.

I can often find below-advertised prices on returned items at the store in the
discount bin.  But if you really have to have the online price, you can prepay
your order on the website (just like you can with bestbuy.com) and go to the
store to pick it up--at the online price.

-rich