Local Source for DDR Memory

On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 09:52:25AM -0400, Seth Gordon wrote:
> Obviously, we need an options market for RAM, so that if I know I'm
> going to put another GB in my server next year, I can lock in a price now.
>
> 1/2 :-)

Its no joke: necx.com (Now part of http://www.converge.com) was a two
sided operation. It had a global 24x7 "silicon futures" (nee "options")
trading market run out of a building in Andover, and a consumer-direct
retail store for the same commodities.

I dunno if the consumer side still exists, but the 24x7 silicon market
is definitely still in operation.

If you go to converge.com the picture of the trading board in the center
of the page appears to be the inside of the trading "floor" in Andover.

Note the size of the cubes - just enough room to slide your chair in and
out of the "desk".  All the non-management cubes in the company are this
size.  "great" place to work....

--
Linux/Open Source.  Your base belongs to you, free, forever.
Idealism:  "Realism applied over a longer time period"

~
~
~
~