DNS Connection Question

On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 12:36:02AM +0900, Derek Martin wrote:
> If, on the other hand, you are waiting for it to query other name
> servers on the internet, then yeah, that would probably be slow.

[Note that for purposes of this discussion, I'm ignoring the effects
of caching on look-up speed, since it is difficult to predict if the
DNS server will have a specified host in its cache.  However, if there
is a site which you know is in constant use at your site, and you can
bet dimes to dollars that it will be in your cache, you could also use
that to save the time it would take to do an Internet look-up.]

-=-=-=-=-