hda: lost interrupt

Mike Gorse wrote, On 10/16/2004 06:27 PM:
> On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 christoph at linuxsoup.com wrote:
>
>>> Well, dma had been off on my drive when I was getting the lost interrupt
>>> messages (and I'm not sure why), but then I rebooted because I started
>>> hearing "system failed cpu test" out of my speakers.
>>

>> Let me get this straight... The computer spoke English words out of the
>> speaker?
>>
> Correct.  (It's an Asus K8v Deluxe motherboard, for what it's worth.)

Yeah, that motherboard has a BIOS that does everything but make you coffee in
the morning.  There's a speech chip on it.  I have that turned off, though,
because I do not want to face the wrath of a wife woken up by strange voices
in the house, finding out it was my server  ;)

DDDD   David Kramer         david at thekramers.net       http://thekramers.net
DK KD
DKK D  "If you don't know what your program is supposed to do,
DK KD  you'd better not start writing it."
DDDD                                  -Edsger Wybe Dijkstra, RIP 1930 - 2002