Eudora Replacement

At Tue Oct 12 13:22:00 2004, Brendan wrote:
>Not many things can really replace Eudora. .. Oh, lovely
>statistics and multiple color tagging, I shall miss thee....

Thunderbird appears to be a pretty capable replacement for Eudora.

It has multiple color tagging.

It is very quick at interacting with my IMAP server, faster than Eudora. This because it runs multiple background sessions - very nice.

So nice and fast that when it got confused, it deleted my entire 1GB of email archives from the server, in just a few moments! (Yes, I checked, it's in bugzilla).

I do miss the use of MDI.  But perhaps this is more of a MS-Windows versus X-Windows implementation issue. (http://www.google.com/search?q=Multiple+Document+Interface).

I do appreciate that Thunderbird is available cross platform.  This means I can use it on MS-Windows to transition off of Eudora Then later transition off of MS-Windows to X-Windows. And it will work under GNOME and KDE. :-)

Anyhow, the short of it is that Thunderbird is an excellent mail client, at least for me and my needs in replacing Eudora.  However, I'll hold off on using it in daily business production use for a while, until a couple more release cycles pass anyhow.

Thanks for all the feedback and help.

--
Cheers,
Bob Gorman