hda: lost interrupt

And hopefully you don't do anything disk intensive.  I find the
difference in disk speed incrediably noticable with DMA turned off.

A quick transfer rate test (hdparm -T /dev/hda) on my laptop shows 26.70
MB/sec with DMA and 2.92MB/s without it.  On top of that, transferring
large files in PIO mode (dma disabled) is rather CPU intensive.

Mike,

If this is a custom built machine, you might want to check the IDE
cable.  If the hard drive is UDA-33 or above then you need an 80 pin IDE
cable rather than a 40 pin cable.  Using a 40 pin cable can cause a
number of problems including lost interrupts.

Another possibility is APIC problems.  One site I found after a quick
search suggesting turning off apic (noapic option on the kernel
commandline).