[blu] oh wow it's gmail

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, Eric wrote:

> I keep hearing about gmail.  People seem to want invitations to open
> free accounts.  The memory available isn't that exciting.  Roll your own
> and have all you want.  Smells like tricky marketing no?

Not everyone has the skills, time, or ability (technical or otherwise) to
set up their own mail server. Also, for techs they dont have to worry
about redundancy, outages, backups, offsite storage, etc. let someone else
do the worrying for you.

Also, I see you you use comcast.net, why don't you run your own mail
server? Eh? Eh? :)

				~Ben

--
/"\  Ben Jackson