Tivo Hacking Redux

Just an update to my previous Tivo thread...

I got a Western Digital 120 gb drive and used mfs_tools to do the drive
swap... very cool, now I have a 132 hour PVR instead of 40 hours.
Unfortunately, after reading the dealdatabase.com forums, it turns out
I have a "Series 2.5" box, and so far there is no software-only hack
for this version of the box. I'm not beyond a PROM hack, but I really
don't get how to go about it and I don't feel like investing in the
hardware.

Also, I found the forums quite hard to understand... I know when a
software hack becomes available, I want to do the 'killhdinitrd' hack,
but its quite unclear how to go about doing that...

Anyway, for now I'm happy with my larger drive, but I'd really like to
get the extraction happening...

-Josh