torrentTV

| Just about every torrent I see on the
| net is definitely illegal.  It would be nice to see an independent news
| or movie producer use this stuff right.  Is this realistic?  Is somebody
| doing it and I just haven't stumbled across them yet?

BitTorrent has come up on the radar of at least one political  group.
On slashdot, there's now a story pointing to thekerrymovie.com, where
you can download the John Kerry movie "Going Upriver" for free.  They
have FTP, BitTorrent and eDonkey links, and say that kazaa is "coming
soon".  Their text encourages using the P2P apps, to reduce the  load
on their server.

I wonder if Michael Moore is going to release Fahrenheit  9/11  in  a
similar fashion?  Maybe he will when sales of the DVD tail off.

I also wonder if the Bush crowd is considering something similar? But
unless they started a while ago, it's probably too late.