why you should try MythTv

Derek Atkins wrote:
> miah <jjohnson at sunrise-linux.com> writes:
>

>>On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 11:37:12AM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
>>
>>>For a front-end you don't need the HDD upgrade, the USB mod, or the
>>>tuner.  So we're talking about $215 for the box plus the cost of the
>>>TV.
>>>
>>>-derek
>>
>>Then it could probably be done cheaper by actually buying a low-end pc
>>and not require any modding.
>

> You can get a low-end PC with hefty-enough video output for under $215???
> Where?  URL, please!  Bonus points if you can point me to an inexpensive
> LCD display....

Which begs the question: What is the minimum hardware (CPU & GPU) needed
for a MythTV front-end setup? Anyone with practical experience? Would
one of my spare PIII 750 w/ built-in video do the trick?

Drew
Drew Taylor                 *  Web development & consulting
Email: drew at drewtaylor.com  *  Site implementation & hosting
Web  : www.drewtaylor.com   *  perl/mod_perl/DBI/mysql/postgres