torrentTV

| I like the idea of not being shackled by media giants.
| http://slashdot.org/articles/04/10/05/2232203.shtml?tid=188&tid=129&tid=95&tid=1
| I'm addicted to my computer and only watch television to hang out with
| my girl friend and see some news / sports.  Not sure if "regular" people
| would really use bitTorrent like this.  Are there any schools /
| nonprofits around here using BT?  Just about every torrent I see on the
| net is definitely illegal.  It would be nice to see an independent news
| or movie producer use this stuff right.  Is this realistic?  Is somebody
| doing it and I just haven't stumbled across them yet?

I've seen a fair number of uuses of BT to distribute legit videos  in
the  past  few months.  The number of political blogs has grown to at
least several hundred, and some of them have caught on to using BT to
lighten  the  load on their server.  The videos they are distributing
are mostly political clips, and there's little doubt that all of them
are "fair use".

This is a use that is not only completely legal, but it's helping  to
distribute  material  that should be available to the public, but the
mass media usually won't supply it.  So I'd say that  it's  a  rather
significant use of the technology to give us info that we didn't have
easy access to before this.