Spammers Relaying Through Bounces

Then the fix is simple, quit sending out bounces for users that don't
exist.  The fix involves replacing the smtp of qmail, which basically
means replacing qmail..

http://www.pycs.net/lateral/stories/11.html

just ditch qmail and start using a MTA that's less of a unmaintained
chunk of code, and start using one that people actually care about
(postfix, exim, even sendmail is better).

-miah