Blinking LED circuit

Hello:

Thanks for all these pointers.  Will be going to Boston Public Library
tomorrow to look at the Forrest Mims book.  The circuit is going to be
battery operated.  The form does not matter (will be stuck out of site of
the camera).  Accuracy is not important since this will be blinking on
camera for all of 3 minutes.  It is there as a way to visualize metrics,
the distance between two events, in this case, two blinks of red LEDs.

Now if anyone thinks this sort of mini project is so fun they want a
credit in a video that will be seen by no one, I will trade pizza for such
a blinker (and save me a trip to the library).

doug