Redhat 9, and critical systems

So I've seen two posts in the last 24 hours asking about help with Redhat
9. My question to these people and the list in general is:
are people deploying new systems with Redhat 9 these days, and if so, have
they located a free, prompt source of updates, being that Redhat dropped
official support for RH9 in April?

There's the Fedora project, there's SUSE, there's debian, gentoo,
Mandrake, etc. They all still have free updates, and current versions
don't have such nasty license restrictions as Redhat.

Am I missing something that makes RH9 so attractive to people? Or does
everybody just have old media hanging around that they keep using?

  --
David Backeberg (dave at math.mit.edu)
Network Staff Assistant