Digests

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 23:59:49 -0400
Robert La Ferla <robertlaferla at comcast.net> wrote:

> Brian Nelson <nelson at bignachos.com> wrote:
>
> > I fail to see how digests have any value these days, but what's
> > wrong
> >
> >with using formail to split the messages?
> >

> I suppose if you are using one mail user agent and set it to sort
> incoming mail into separate folders, you don't need digests.  However,
> I find myself needing to read e-mail on the road where I may not have
> a choice of MUA or operating system and digests work better for that
> situation.  Is "formail" installed on the server or on the client?
Definitely client side.
Note that you can set up digests as either plain or MIME. The MIME
digests are effectively split by your email program.

Just a comment on Brian's comment. There are still people who use
dialup. I know one guy who lives in an RV and uses a cell modem.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group