More: Big BLU - Super Computer

There seems to be some spark of interest in doing the project. Lets assume
we can get the bits and pieces together, we need to address:

where it will be?
who manages it?
what sort of access?
What does it do?

Obviously, the location has to be free of charge. I will check my local
school system and city hall to see if there is any place in my town that
would host it. It may mean indentured servitude.

How do we select who runs it? Group vote? Bloody coup?

What sort of access do you guys see? Shell access over the internet?

Lastly, and probably more importantly, what do we want it to do/be? I have
been thinking about this. I think "Big BLU" should be a learning tool and
testbed for members. Doing redundant load balanced stuff is just too
corporate to be fun, but parallel programing is a blast. So that means
something like MPI (PVM is sort of fading isn't it?)

We could have contests for projects, where people submit suggestions for a
project, and the group votes. If we have enough interest, we could even
split up into teams and compete for the fastest solution to the problem.
Maybe even compete with other user's groups!

I think this could be real fun. What do y'all think?