[blu] Big BLU Super Computer

> On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 markw at mohawksoft.com wrote:
>
>> Anyone have a choice of distribution? mandrake, Debian, Re~~Fedora,
>> slack?
>
> Especailly since they are loaners: http://www.flashmobcomputing.org/

Would they need to be loaners? If so, for how long? I would say, and maybe
I'm wrong, many of us would be glad to dump an old computer or two that we
can't bring ourselves to toss, but really have no use for.

I'd be uncomfortable with the idea of "loaning," that implies a lot more
records keeping and and a lot more responsibility. Not to mention access
to the system and such. I'd say donation is a far more manageble way to do
it.

Besides, is BLU tax deductable? :)

>> Anyone have any ideas for projects? I have said, in a different post,
>> that
>> I was thinking about neural network searching. Perhaps we can work on a
>> distributed neural net. Try to mimic learning?
>
> RC5? :-D

Sounds interesting.