endless compression

The point you are missing is that this is not "my" theory. I am neither
interested nor motivated to prove or disprove the theory. I have read
several papers on it.

Perhaps this is a new concept for you: the notion that you can think about
something and debate it, without necessarily believing it. I understand
the theory, and it sounds fairly possible in the abstract, and I can
debate it. I think it is interesting, just as I think black holes, quantum
mechanics, and the theory of relativity is interesting. So, stop thinking
I am a proponent of it.

I have written specific and general compressors as needed for work. I have
some experience and knowledge about the subject matter. This approach is
different from conventional compressors, and it is too easy to fall into
the "it can't be done" smugness that seeming intelligent people often do.
All too often, conventional wisdom is substituted for understanding.

Very good compressors can be written if you can know some very specific
information about a stream of data. You can't deny that.

Which is smaller:

The letters "PI" or 300 digit's of "PI?" If you know that you have PI, you
don't need to send all the data, just find a way to send "PI."

In this debate, you've tried to say I'm a crank, or that I don't know what
I'm talking about. Yet, I've tried to explain why it may be possible, how
it might be possible, and some possible ways to do it. This is an
intellectual exercise, not a bar room brawl.

If you want to debate, why not offer some math or science to explain why
it can't be done? There is an idea, huh? Come of with some statistics
about the probability of non repeatable numbers in a possible set. Show
that the probability is so high that you couldn't get an effective
compression. Stuff like that has weight, insults do not.

Oh, and for what it's worth, I don't need "your buddy" as I have already
published computer science articles and am considered by more than a few
people, quite knowledgeable, thanks anyway.