From: discuss-admin at blu.org [mailto:discuss-admin at blu.org] On Behalf Of
David Kramer
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 3:25 PM
To: discuss at blu.org
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: I need someone to put machine's together, to build
the rack, to do the wiring, all this stuff.]

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, Derek Martin wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 01:55:47PM -0400, Eric wrote:
> > Another thing, I have never said that I've used Linux since 1991.
>
> You most certainly did.
>
>   http://www.blu.org/pipermail/discuss/2004-August/046440.html

No, he's right.  He said he used Linux IN 1991, not SINCE 1991.  Reread
that email.  Not that any of us believe that either, but we cannot
prove/disprove that.

> I can't speak for any e-mail that you traded personally, but I have
> found your posts to be suspect and inappropriate.  For example,
> posting of Microsoft supposed stock quotes from the future...
> I don't know by what means you purport to know said prices, but
> posting future stock prices is completely unrelated to Linux or Unix,
> and also either a) bull or b) illegal, so it doesn't belong here.

... and the estimate was wrong, to boot.

> Quite frankly, while I was not vocal about it, after reading your
> other posts to the list, I also had a first impression that your
> request for help was some kind of scam.  I can't know if it is, nor
> can I know whether you really have such systems, nor if you ever will;
> what I can tell you is that based on your posts here to date, I
> consider you a Troll at best, and probably untrustworthy.  I also
> think that threatening to sue one of the mailing list members -- much
> less actually doing so -- for stating their opinion of you on a public
> mailing list is petty, childish, inane, unwarranted, and doesn't help
> your image much.  If you actually find someone from this list who is
> willing to help you, I'll be surprised.

I am going to list some resources for finding out more information on
Jules Gilbert.  I make no statements to my opinion of him by doing so;
merely listing some information for others to form their own opinion.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=Jules+Gilbert&btnG=Sear
ch&meta=
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=Jules+Gilbert&btnG=Sear
ch&meta=
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Jules+Gilbert&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=3f8b
fbd6.50906937%40news.wanadoo.nl&rnum=2

I am also going to state, for a fact, as documented on the links above,
that Jules Gilbert has threatened in public forums to sue several people
who have disagreed with him or questioned him in those forums.

I have had personal dealings with Jules Gilbert, which I will not discuss
here, other than to say that I ended those dealings in short order.

All of the above is fact, and can be proven.

I, personally, would hate to see someone censored or removed from this
mailing list, but I also feel that it is only fair (and safer) that the
members of this list have background information on this situation.

--
DDDD
DK KD  An optimist thinks the glass is half full.