I need someone to put machine's together, to build the rack's, to do the wiring, all this stuff.

Hello, all.

I have to setup a new computing environment.  The location is nearby, but out of state.  Right now, I only have the available space.

I expect to make use of PC's (right now I am assuming fast, new one's) and need someone who has experience doing this.

I am looking at 50 machines eventually, (at full capacity,) though now I only want to setup 25.  I want conventional Sear's style heavy duty metal racks.  (The space is industrial grade space in a client's warehouse.)

I want to contract with someone to do everything related to the physical installation and Linux setup.  I expect to buy everything off the shelf from pricewatch or similar.  I need someone to put machine's together, to build the rack's, to do the wiring, all this stuff.

Also, I want help selecting the computer's, ram-sticks, racks, switch's, cables.  Everything.  I have a smaller setup now but the infrastructure is not modern.

I know that other types of solutions exist -- blade systems, etc...  But I am not sure such machines have the computing power to do what I want to do.  Still, if someone want's to make a pitch, I'll listen, but in the past when I examined these issues I found that nothing else, (no other same-price-range solution,) matched the amount of computer power per X86 chip available in a well engineered stand alone PC with a top of the line AMD chip set.

I want this equipment to run Linux and I am amazed that no one has taken the time to build a Linux distribution intended just for large-scale computing environments -- but maybe I haven't kept up...

Also the right person will be familiar with power-on/power-off scenario's, complicated by the UPS boxes.  When these machines are not being used, I want them to shutdown and be powered off.

I want to accomplish all of this in two weeks.   In order for this time frame to be realistic, I need to begin buying stuff soonest and what I buy must conform to the general solution chosen.

I am looking for interested person's to quote me two week's labor costs for this project.

Also, I will identify several applications which will need to loaded;  Addionally, several of these ap's may need help talking to each other.

I want this equipment to run Linux.   None of the machines will need X or any screen support programming whatsoever.  It's all just computing.

Sincerely,

Jules