Fw: Anyone proficient in Beowulf (cluster) installations?

On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 12:47:38PM -0400, Jules Gilbert wrote:
> No Eric,  I was not lying or exaggerating.

[snip]

> > > 90 or 91?  Wow, that's fantastic.

Eric is pointing out that Linux wasn't even a twinkle in Linus's eye
in 1990, and the first public release of Linux was in October of 1991.
At that time, it was nothing but kernel source code, which, with some
effort, you might be able to compile into a usable system, if you
manually also set up bash, GNU fileutils, and a bunch of other stuff.
That gives you a 3-month window in which you might have possibly used
Linux when you said you did.  Maybe you were one of the original
pioneers who went through all that trouble to set up a working system,
but for those of us who can't know that, you have to admit it seems
extraordinarily unlikely...

  http://www.dina.dk/~abraham/Linux_Birthday

-=-=-=-=-