hp w/suse installed

At 10:53 AM 8/5/2004, Dan Barrett wrote:

>Bob Gorman wrote:
>| I agree, this is cool.  From the news feeds yesterday HP says it has
>all devices on the notebook working (fully?) under Linux.
>
>Nah:
>"Note for SuSE Linux: MultiBay DVD+RW and Intel PRO wireless not supported."

Well, at least they tell you before you buy it!

Just to be thorough:

>http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=1817&e=5&u=/ap/20040804/ap_on_hi_te/hp_linux_notebook&sid=96120748
>In the nx5000, HP has brought together the drivers required for the notebook to manage power, control printers and other devices, said Martin Fink, HP's vice president for Linux. "All of those parts of this notebook have been turned on, work completely and are fully supported," he said Tuesday.

>Still leaning towards a Thinkpad T series

I see a constant stream of patches, updates, rpms for these (redhat/fedora).  IBM has already stated they will at some point sell them pre-loaded with Linux. I wonder when they will, now in the face of the HP announcement.

--

I create custom Linux business solutions in the Boston area.
mailto:bob(at)rsi.com, http://www.rsi.com/, 617.965.1700