Adobe Illustrator

On Friday 30 July 2004 11:02, nmeyers at javalinux.net wrote:
> The Gyve project tried for 5 years to create a vector editor "in
> the spirit of Adobe Illustrator and CorelDraw" and finally gave up
> (http://www.gyve.org/)... they point to sodipodi (http://www.sodipodi.com)
> as a possible successor. I don't know much about it, but it certainly
> has some sexy screen shots.

I think Illustrator is going to be much harder to clone, since the
functionality they have to replicate is enormous, and there doesn't seem to
be much of a groundswell to code something up.

We are doing an Illustrator class in a few weeks, and I am amazed by this
program. I didn't know all of the stuff it could do, and it actually requires
skill to make it work.