3rd-party package conflict in upgrade of RedHat?

If you have a full backup of your data, it's probably better for you to wipe
and start with a fresh install. Or buy a hard drive. They're cheap, and you
could see if you like fc2 so much that you'd rather stick with your fresh
install than doing an "upgrade".

You're probably going to lose browser bookmarks, KDE preferences, etc. anyway
due to such a big version jump. All you would probably be able to salvage
would be your actual files. That's as simple to restore as a recursive cp of
the appropriate files.

Or, you could ignore that advice, and just know you may break some packages
when taking a version jump, and you can fix whatever problems come up when
those happen. You can always dump your entire list of packages with rpm
before your install, and compare it against the new system to see what might
have been yanked out.

--
David Backeberg (dave at microway.com)
Microway Technical Support - http://www.microway.com