javax.crypt & Serializable problems

Hello,
	I should start off with I am doing this as homework for a class.
However since I'm using crypto and the question asked me to do something
else, I will probably have to rewrite it before I pass it in anyway.
	So the program is sort of like a UNIX shell with a login wrapper.
I didn't want to write a dumb authentication scheme like the book asked
since it looked dumb.  So I found a source for help with javax.crypto, and
with that source I put something together that works pretty well - I like
it.  I am now in the File I/O chapter which includes a section on
serializing code, however I am getting an error:
java.io.NotSerializableException: javax.crypto.Cipher

I found the SealedObject class which I thought would get me through it,
however it did not.

Anyway I am really boggled as how to get through this problem.  I could do
what the problem asks; but crypto has always interest me and I'm curious
anyway.  So does anyone have any ideas as to which classes I should look
at to do this?

Thanks for any help,
Anthony