Getting started w/ Debian

Drew Taylor wrote:
> David Kramer wrote:
>> Start with *AT LEAST* two six-packs of your favorite beer, and wear a
>> baseball cap so you don't pull your hair out.   ;)
>

> Interesting observation David. Are you implying I might be better off
> fumbling through a Fedore install? ;-) I'm thinking Debian this time
> because I've seen many people on this list swear by it. But I'm always
> open to other options - I want to play some but I mainly want a good
> platform I can develop the new app on.

I was mostly joking, but I've never had much luck with it myself.  YYMV.  I
have a friend who has been trying to get Knoppix installed and all her
hardware working for about a month in her spare time.  Similar stories from
another friend or two about Debian.

I've had bad experiences with apt, but it musta been something I did wrong.
Really messed up my system, though.

DDDD   This administration intends to be candid about its errors. For as a
DK KD  wise man once said, `An error does not become a mistake until you
DKK D  refuse to correct it.' . . . Without debate, without criticism, no
DK KD  administration and no country can succeed and no republic can
DDDD   survive."                              - John F. Kennedy (1917-1963)