help needed!

Hi,

It's Joshua Freeman again.  Mark Dulcey was great in helping me rescue
my cracked box in Roslindale (I'm in NY!).  He threw another stick of
memory in the box, copied the data over to a second drive, wiped the
first drive and installed SuSE and copied the data back.

Everything ran fine for a couple of weeks...  then, the machine
dropped off the network... My friend Barton Bruce went to the house
and discovered that someone had used a plain cat5 cable where they
should have used crossover (or vice versa).

Everything ran fine for a couple of days.

But now... things are not working again.

I've tried reaching Mark to see if he could stop by and see what's up
now.. but I think he's on vacation.

I'm wondering if there's anyone on the list who'd be willing to make
an appt. with my tenant and drop in to the house and see if they can
figure out what's going on with the machine...

I've also just ordered a new machine which will be delivered in a
couple weeks... I was planning on just having it shipped to Mark so he
could set it up but, like I said, I can't reach him at all.. so... I'm
wondering if there's any other kind soul in the Boston area who might
be willing to help a former Bostonian out with his linux box.

:-(

My cell number is 347 392 2560

Thanks in advance!

Joshua