Detecting Memory Leaks -- the right solution

Hi,

  I didn't see anyone mention dmalloc in any post on this thread, now I
haven't used it but I did read about it in Linux Journal or
Linux Mag.

  From their web site
        " The debug memory allocation or dmalloc library has been
designed as a drop in replacement for the system's |malloc|, |realloc|,
|calloc|, |free| and other             memory management routines while
providing powerful debugging facilities configurable at runtime. These
facilities include such things as memory-leak                 tracking,
fence-post write detection, file/line number reporting, and general
logging of statistics."

       http://dmalloc.com/

 There appears to be no up front charge, but they do ask for donations
if it helped  your commerial app...

I'd be interrest in any more information about them and the product.

Rich.

  I am in no way invovled with this company.