Waiting for Transaction Lock when installing rpm

 wrote:
> "Don Levey" wrote:
>> Derek wrote:
>
> Some other things to try...
>
> strace -f rpm -Uvh <filename>
>
> That should help determine what is causing the hang.  Since you have
> indicated that other things are hanging, I wonder if you have some
> NFS filesystems which weren't unmounted and now the servers are
> offline. Or perhaps some other filesystem device which was there but
> is now gone. USB storage perhaps?
>
> Something to think about.
>
> - christoph

I think this was the key.  The whole reason I did this was because the main
server went down - and it was serving up an NFS partition.  I did end up
rebooting the machine, couldn't find the remote NFS at startup, and then
things were OK.

Thanks again,
 -Don