Waiting for Transaction Lock when installing rpm

"Don Levey" wrote:
> Derek wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 03:42:09PM -0400, Don Levey wrote:
> >> I'm trying that now.  However, I just did a ps -ef to see what is
> >> running, and found the two lsof commands I had thought I had killed.

Some other things to try...

strace -f rpm -Uvh <filename>

That should help determine what is causing the hang.  Since you have
indicated that other things are hanging, I wonder if you have some
NFS filesystems which weren't unmounted and now the servers are offline.
Or perhaps some other filesystem device which was there but is now gone.
USB storage perhaps?

Something to think about.

- christoph