network config with two network cards as route to gateway

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 10:30:07AM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > wrong.  I've used this for years and never had a problem with a
> > mis-assigned IP address (except when an engineer swapped out a NIC and
> > didn't tell anyone)...
>
> In my configuration said engineer wouldn't get an IP Address at
> all.. :) (I have DHCPD configured to ONLY give out pre-assigned IPs).
> I consider this a feature.

Oh, they got an address, but it was excluded from DNS and NIS, and
IIRC had other access controls at the router/switch level, so they
could basically only access the internet.  They complained rather
loudly.  (Even without access limitations at the network level, if the
system wasn't in DNS/NIS, lots of stuff broke for them.  For example,
NFS mount requests would be refused...)

-=-=-=-=-