mpmpd

At 06:23 PM 6/28/2004, Eric wrote:
>Eric wrote:
>Guess I'll remove mdadm.  I thought I did a pretty controlled install on this "trash" computer.  I don't even remember seeing this package.  Oh well.  Please feel free to let me know if I'm doing something wrong by removing this package.

I remove mdadm when not using software raid, no side effects yet. There is a companion package lvm which you probably don't need.  I haven't tried this with FC2 yet though.

Even with a 'minimal' install your still end up with a large pile of packages.  When I build servers I strip most of them out to get down to the bare essential needed to meet the business requirements for the server. This helps negate security holes and reduces maintenance effort, lower TCO.  I love Linux. :-)

--

I create custom Linux business solutions in the Boston area.
mailto:bob(at)rsi.com, http://www.rsi.com/, 617.965.1700