mpmpd

Eric wrote:
> Hi.  Could anybody give me a brief rundown of what mpmpd (multipath
> device monitoring and management) does?  I noticed an error during boot.
>  I've also noticed some fedora users reporting a similar experience. Is
> if for RAID?  Can I just remove it?
> Thanks for any tips.
> -Eric

(from redhat I see "mpmpd")
mdadm-1.5.0-3
-------------
* Thu Mar 04 2004 Bill Nottingham <notting redhat com> 1.5.0-3
- ship /var/run/mpmpd (#117497)
mtr-0.54-4

it's connected to mdadm.
http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2002/12/05/RAID.html

# this is how
# everything in
# /etc/mdadm.conf
# looks.

Guess I'll remove mdadm.  I thought I did a pretty controlled install on
this "trash" computer.  I don't even remember seeing this package.  Oh
well.  Please feel free to let me know if I'm doing something wrong by
removing this package.  I don't see why I would need it.  Okay.  I
promise to stop asking questions from now on without at least spending
some real time on it first.  My first couple searches didn't give me any
information, so I just shot a note off the blu.  I'll stop that.  I just
like to yap.  Thanks for any extra info.  -Eric.