Computers in Basements

I've had my two servers running in our basement for almost a year, with
no problems (although I really should do something Real Soon Now about
backups).  The servers and the UPS box are off the floor, and the UPS is
plugged into a GFI outlet.  We do have a dehumidifier, but we don't run
it very often.  There's a litter box right next to the desk with the
servers, but the fans blow air to the litterbox instead of sucking air
from it, so hopefully that will reduce the dust problem.

--
"Remember that "freedom" is not just a word. It is a squishy,
  concept-lite word which invokes positive feelings." --Fafblog