Drive size limit?

The thing I'm trying to avoid is creating mulitple logical drives within
the external RAID.  The enclosure holds 12 disks, minus 1 as hot spare
gives me 11.  If I cam make 1 RAID 5 logical drive I'll get the space of 10 of
them.  If I have to make 2 logical drives I'll only end up with the space
of 9 drives.  The way things go around here I need all the space I can get.