Drive size limit?

On Monday 07 June 2004 10:41 pm, Billy SG McCarthy wrote:
> I think the 2TB limit is a function of either the SCSI BIOS or the System
> BIOS.  I'm using an Adaptec 29160 card to connect to the standalone RAID
> controller.  I emailed Adaptec and they told me that the SCSI spec only
> allows for a 2TB drive, but that doesn't sit right in my head.

If that's the case, you should be able to get around it using an LVM, right?
Combine several sub-2TB partions with the logical volume manager into one
super-2TB partition.  To the hardware, they're < 2TB.  To your application,
it's > 2TB.

DDDD   My 1983 Plymouth Voyager used to run on for five minutes or so after
DK KD  shutoff on anything lower than 89 octane.
DKK D  This was a misinterpreted signal on my part.  I thought that the car
DK KD  was asking for higher-octane gas.  It was really asking to be
DDDD   pushed off a cliff into an abandoned quarry.           - Todd Finney