I just *had* to comment.

dsr at tao.merseine.nu writes:

> OK, I was mistaken. Athena-style is re-implementable, and may
> even be desirable for a special case: large universities.

IMHO it's desirable for ANY large-scale production deployment, not
just universities.  The financial institution is larger than all of
the aforementioned universities, and even larger than many of them put
together.  You've ignored this example twice now.  Selective reading
problem?

As for why it's desirable, how many sysadmins do you think it takes to
manage 1500 client machines and a couple dozen server machines
24/7/365?  The number might surprise you.

> -dsr-

-derek