re tonight's meeting

The Usenix Tech conference is in Boston from June 27 - July 2, 2004. If
anyone gets this before tonight's meeting, please make sure it gets
announced. My teaching assignment is preventing me from attending the
meeting.

1) Maddog's trying to organize a "Super-LUG" meeting at the conference,

and we're scrambling to schedule it: but would BLU be interested in
being part of this?

> From: Jon maddog Hall <maddog at li.org>
> Date: May 11, 2004 1:39:06 PM PDT
> To: Peter Mui <pmui at usenix.org>
> Cc: maddog at li.org
> Subject: Re: Annual Tech Promotion
(stuff deleted)

> I would like to invite several of the local LUGs to meet at USENIX one
>
> night
> of the week.  I would like to invite Chris Stone, CEO of Novell, to
> address
> them.  Novell's headquarters is in Waltham, MA, so it is a short trip
>
> for him,
> and I am sure that the different LUGs would like to have a chance to
> get
> together.  What night would be best for this?  I assume that the total
> meeting would be about three hours, and to hold several hundred
> people.
>
> If we set this up, then it would be a very legitimate reason to
> personally
> get each LUG involved with ATC.

2) Please note that we've got special user group pricing:  if five
people register together from any organization they get $100 off each
registration, regardless of the number of days each person registers
for.

Once again, could you please mention the conference at the BLU Meeting
tomorrow night (Wednesday, May 19?)  The email conference announcement
is repeated below.  Or let me know if I'm being harassing.

Many thanks, -Peter

Peter Mui
USENIX Association
2560 9th Street STE 215