dmesg source code?

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 10:39:48AM -0400, Scott Ehrlich wrote:
> I'd like to compile dmesg on a Windows box, but cannot find the
> source code to do so.
Er, why do you want to do this?  I seriously doubt you'll be able to
get it to compile, and even if you do I'm not sure what use it will be
to you.

The purpose of the dmesg command is to dump the contents of the Linux
kernel ring buffer to the user's tty, so that Linux kernel boot
messages can be displayed easily.  If you're compiling on cygwin,
well, there ain't no Linux kernel from which to dump a ring buffer.

What are you trying to achieve?

If you really want to get the source code anyway, you can get it here:

  http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/util-linux-2.11z.tar.bz2

-=-=-=-=-