Fedora Core 2 available today!

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 10:43:06AM -0400, Brian J. Conway wrote:
> Is it really that tough to click the links and do some reading before
> running your mouth?  It's not a Windows problem.  3rd reply down in the
> Slashdot link:
>
> "OK, I'm *not* dual booting. Just FC2.

Maybe so, but there's no such report in any of the Bugzilla comments.
Seems to be an isolated case, which suggests that maybe the author of
said comment did something else to bollix up his system...  As far as
I can see in the Bugzilla reports, all of the problems involve Windows
not booting.

Frankly, I don't take much stock in anything posted in comments on /.
as many such posters clearly have no idea what they're talking about.
So, while I read all of the Bugzilla reports, I did not (and still
have not) read any of the /. posts.

> Recent posts in the Bugzilla pages confirm that the problem is still in
> the final release.

I don't think that's clear from reading the posts.  The post from
Jeremy Katz suggests that it may be fixed in FC2, but if you had
installed any of the test releases, the bug would still manifest.
Only if you hadn't installed any of the test releases would it work
fine for you.

There's only ONE report in the bugzilla bug reports that makes this
claim; all others involve having installed one of the earlier
releases.  One data point is not sufficient to make the case; the
author could potentially have done something else to blow up his
system, or he could simply be wrong...

-=-=-=-=-