New box does not load BIOS

Hello:

Yesterday I tried to do everything people suggested.  The results have
stayed the same.

My minimal system did not have the CDROM, DVD, or floppy.  Since the
floppy might be necessary, I reconnected that.  My two memory cards
have been reseated, and tried as single cards in several of the three
available slots.

The speakers make a blip noise as power is started, but do not make a
beep.

There is a process to reset the BIOS information (remove the battery,
change a jumper) to no avail.

A google search revealed someone with the motherboard and video card
with this exact problem!  He had built 6 machines before, and got
similar suggestions.  The only new one was to hold the insert key down
while powering up.  The original author of the thread did not write to
say how it was resolved.  I'll have to email him to find out.

After some reading, it appears like the voltage for 8xAGP is 0.8v.  It
is a game of divide it in two.  The 2xAGP needs 3.3v, 4xAGP needs
1.5v, and 8xAGP needs 0.8v.  There are cuts on the bottom of the card
which tell which one applies.  If the cut is at the forward part, it
is the older 3.3v.  If the cut is near the back, it is 1.5v.  If there
are two cuts, then it is a Universal.  My video card has the universal
form.  My motherboard claims to only want 1.5v 8xAGP.  I will write
ASUS and see if this video card (9200 is mainstream) works with their
motherboard.

I wish I could determine which part needs to be swapped, but I don't
have another PC to really play with.

doug