How many 1" hard drives can you fit in an ordinary computer bay?

In regards to the thought of creating a powerful RAID system that fits
into an ordinary 3.5 or 5.25" bay (or external USB/Firewire box), I
spotted this article about Hitachi 1" Microdrive (4GB) hard drives on
Yahoo this morning:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=569&ncid=738&e=1&u=/nm/20040517/tc_nm/tech_hitachi_drives_dc

" Hitachi GST said that the Thailand Board of Investment had approved
the expansion of the plant's capacity to 60 million units annually from
30 million. In addition to the Microdrive, Hitachi GST's 2.4-inch
Travelstar drives used in laptops and its 3.5-inch Deskstar drives used
in desktop PCs and personal video recorders are made at the Thailand plant."