From: Jared Michaels
Subject: router recommendations
To: discuss at blu.org
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 15:58:38 -0700 (PDT)

My question is not directly related to Linux, although I will be using this product with Linux eventually. I'm finally getting DSL and have spent the day searching for a good router. I'm split between the Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G and the Netgear WGT624 Wireless 802.11G Firewall 4-Port Router. I've read mixed reviews for both -- some cite intermittent wireless connectivity, poor firewall features and terrible tech support, while others say they're dreamy. Does anyone have any recommendations for a wireless "g" router with a good firewall (that's fairly easy to set up), WPA, pretty good connectivity, compatible with Suse linux, and around $150 or less? (Actually, I guess it doesn't have to be compatible with linux since I will be setting up the router in Windows -- right?).

Thanks, Jared