router recommendations

--- Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:
> "Rich Braun" <richb at pioneer.ci.net> writes:
>
> > If any of y'all have found a rock-solid wifi
> solution that will work from the
> > sidewalk out front to the fence out back, from the
> basement to the roof, I'm
> > ready to chuck some gear and buy all-new.

I haven't got this running yet, but I'm using Openbsd
with pf as a router.  Once I scrape up the cash I'm
going to toss a wireless card into the machine and
boom I've got a wireless router.  Can't say anything
about the range of it, but get yourself a decent pci
card and you should be set.

On a side note, I'm getting some weird behavior from
my router, scp a file from the router to desktop
literally goes 5x faster than copying the same file
back.  I think my config file is right, will try
upgrading to latest version of Openbsd and see if that
helps, but if anyone has heard of this before your
help would be greatly appreciated.

=====
"Whoa what I want to know, how does the song go?"
--The Grateful Dead--

Kindly yours,
Billy S G McCarthy