cheaper DSL with static IP than Speakeasy?

Someone responded via private email:
> How do you get the Internet for that rate?  Mine is almost $20 higher!

I'd provide a link to the pricelist on comcast.com but they force you to
interact with a script that makes you enter a street address beforehand.  But
if you do so (giving, say, MIT's street address 77 Massachusetts Ave / 02139
-- I never give my real address unless I'm ready to order), you see the price
$42.95/month for Comcast cable customers (current promotion:  50% off first 3
months).

The price is $57.95 for "non-cable customers".  But you only have to buy a
$7.95 basic cable TV service (also on the price list) to qualify for the
$42.95 rate.

Oh, and the claimed upload data rate is 256K vs. the "0.5 megabits" I cited
earlier.  If you need fast uploads then you need DSL.

I like having a separate wire and separate infrastructure for Internet vs. my
phone service.  In the event of a major outage, I'm less likely to be
completely offline.  And I don't have to pay ridiculous tariffs or surcharges
that telephone companies like to tack onto their bills whenever they want more
money.  Not to say that cable companies aren't evil; just a lesser evil than
The (blankin') Phone Company.

-rich