Update to Windows audio issue

----- Original Message -----
From: Derek Martin

> The only reason you need Windows with Comcast is to make it easier to
> deal with support calls.  As anyone here will tell you, Linux works
> fine with Comcast once your service is established.  All you need to
> do to get Linux to work with comcast is configure your ethernet card
> to obtain an IP address dynamically, using DHCP.
>
> If comcast is the only thing preventing you from running Linux
> full-time, then there's no reason at all...  But if you don't know
> networking well enough to fake the answers to Comcast support's stupid
> scripted questions (and to know for certain that it's nothing on your
> side that's causing your problem), then you'll want to keep the
> partition around only for support troubleshooting purposes.  Aside
> from that, you need never use windows again...

I've been using Linux (SuSE) since last June, and have never had a problem using it with Comcast.  It worked right from the get go.  I primarily have kept Windows on this, in the event of a connection issue.  The few problems that have occurred since I had the service, have always been on their end.

At least with Linux, I can listen to CD's, without static cling.  :-)