cheaper DSL with static IP than Speakeasy?

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 10:36:16PM -0400, Seth Gordon wrote:
> However, the service is costing us $70/month, and our budget is getting
> tight, so if there's an alternative that will provide equivalent
> features, I'm very open to suggestions.  Note that we don't have any
> interest in cable TV, so a cable-modem-based solution is probably not
> for us.

You don't need cable TV to have broadband, though you are offered a
discount if you want both.  But these days IIRC cable Internet costs
almost the same as what you're paying with Speakeasy.  I seem to
recall that Comcast's prices jumped up to about $65/mo. not too long
ago...   I looked into the options a bit about a year ago, and I think
you're going to find that there's nothing comparable for less money.

About the only way to go, as far as I know, is some ultra-cheap web
hosting, with one of the almost-free dial-up services.  That might
save you a few bucks.

-=-=-=-=-
Despite the ever-increasing complexities of human society and the advancement
of science and technology, the most perplexing problems that face most people
remain what to eat for lunch today, and who to sleep with tonight.
-=-=-=-=-